Wednesday, August 8, 2012

IKEA, Classroom Decor & TPT

Warning: Oh yes this post will be long!

Two days ago  A week ago, my husband and I decided we should take a mini shopping trip to Portland. Why Portland you ask? Outlet mall!!! Oh and of course IKEA :) Well this turned out to be a two nights/3 day trip. Oops!

Anyhow, IKEA! I loved it! I can't believe I had never been! Seriously, it was the best 4 hours of my little life. Ha ha. My boys were happy because they had food. Who can think about food when you have all that stuff to look at? Regardless, I ate... I had to. I needed more energy to continue on to the upper level.  So at IKEA I decided to buy everything I could get my hands on and inside that BIG yellow bag. I bought some containers for my kid's tables (I am going to try if not at least they were cheap $3!) instead of the regular colored caddies I had in the past. I need something open and accessible from either end of the table.


I also bought a table for my kids to do their centers at. This table was a steal at $9.99 (no taxes in Portland)! Place mats at $1.99 to use for the kiddos that need a specific spot to sit on during carpet time. It could also be used as a special seat during Daily 5.

Classroom Decor:
I am working on making some new stuff to decorate my classroom since I have decided to do a polka dot, trees and birds theme. I will show you as I go. I am also making a behavior clip chart so that will be in the next blog post... hopefully! Does anyone have anything that they have made that was very useful especially for the beginning of the school year or even for Kinders???!!

TPT:
During my time off, commercial breaks and down time (when I should be sleeping), I have glued myself to search TPT stores. I guess I sound like a stalker now. Lol. Only for good reasons.

I have to thank the following for their help in working with me to create spanish documents to use in my classroom. It's hard to find cute things in Spanish but with the help of my Spanish/translating skills and the creativity of these wonderful ladies that has been easier. Translating their documents have been worth it as now I have tons to use in my classroom and they can also offer their products in Spanish!

Thanks to Mrs. Cupcake at A cupcake for the teacher who has these behavior calendars available to track each student's behavior per month. You too can get these in English by going here.


Thank you also to Sandy at Soaring through Second  who has this wonderful Ipad policy. I had thought about it but the words weren't there. Thankfully all I had to do was translate! 


Thank you to Melissa Gibbs who provided me with Spanish Literacy Centers which are also available in English here at her TPT Store

Hopefully I have not missed anyone. Thanks again to all you ladies. You make my job way easier. Hopefully one day I can create something that maybe you could use. :)


Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions and other ideas are always welcome!!!